3 mm stainless steel sheets
3 mm stainless steel sheets and plates
Whether in the form of blanks, strips, cut-to-size sheets or plates - in recent years, stainless steel, also known as stainless steel VA, V2A or V4A, has become one of the favourite materials of architects, engineers, designers and end-users in the metalworking industry.
An almost infinite number of possible combinations of stainless steel grades (AISI 304, 316, and more) and surface finishes such as grit-polishing, mirror polishing, beadblasting and various coatings create a variety of unique products that set new standards both technically and aesthetically.
Like others of the thinner gauges – such as 2mm stainless steel sheets – 3 mm stainless steel plates are also very frequently requested and used.
Our offer of 3 mm stainless steel plates and sheets
mirrorINOX applies a large number of surface treatments on 3 mm inox sheets and therefore offers:
- Grit-polished / brushed
- Polished / mirror-polished in qualities Super Mirror No. 8, Marine Mirror No. 9, Perfect Mirror No. 10® and others, both on one and both sides
- PVD / TiN-coated
- Fluid formed / hydroformed
- nanoINOX® AFP/ETC-coated (AntiFingerPrint/ Easy-To-Clean)
- And others
mirrorINOX has already had great success with outstanding projects, such as metal artworks or building façades, where our well-known and proven coatings PVD/TiN and nanoINOX® AFP/ETC were used. The latter being one of our own developments and trademark.
Whether it comes to flat, structured, or perforated 3 mm stainless steel sheets, the below-mentioned material grades can be treated by mirrorINOX.
We mainly use the grades:
- AISI 316 (stainless steel plates V4A or X2 CrNiMo 17-12-2)
- AISI 304 (stainless steel plates V2A or X5CrNi18-10)
In addition to V2A and V4A, mirrorINOX offers a range of other inox grades and alloys, for example:
- AISI 430 (1.4016)
- AISI 316L (1.4435)
- AISI 316Ti (1.4571)
The following special materials requested by our customers for custom stainless steel sheets can also be processed by mirrorINOX:
- 1.4462 (Duplex)
- AISI 254SMO (1.4547)
- And others
Of course, our surface treatments and the alloys listed above are not only available in 3 mm thickness, but also in other thicknesses and sizes (width and length), hot-rolled or cold-rolled, foiled or non-foiled, and some are even available from stock. This allows us to optimally configure the unique stainless steel finish according to your requirements.
Our pricing policy
mirrorINOX is always able to advise you of a unique product that will suit your project and application because we offer a very large selection of sheet metal (inox sheets and other metals) in various surfaces, grades, thicknesses and dimensions from our production and stock.
It always makes sense to ask mirrorINOX for an individual consultation and the metal products you need, especially in the current situation when the raw material prices are so volatile.
We strive to provide our customers with the highest quality products at affordable prices directly and not through an online shop.
3 mm stainless steel plates: which applications?
In terms of stability, statics and load-bearing capacity, stainless steel sheets with a thickness of 3 mm are very often the optimal choice.
This inox sheet size is a perfect material for very large-area applications where, for example, bolts are welded onto the backside of sheets and a high degree of visual flatness is required (as in the manufacture of façade panels and cassettes).
3 mm thick stainless steel is used in the following areas:
- Ship and yacht building
- Architecture, building construction (especially for façades, roofs and wall claddings)
- Indoor elements such as stairs, ceilings, walls, and door cladding
- Machinery and appliance manufacturing
- Shopfitting, fair stands and furniture construction
- And in many other industries
Inox sheets in that thickness can also still be easily processed and treated, cut and bent, transported and installed.
3 mm stainless steel sheets and other sizes by mirrorINOX
mirrorINOX is not only the right address when it comes to 3 mm stainless steel plates and sheets, but also a long-term partner with a lot to offer:
- Our long experience and numerous, long-standing contacts with customers in a wide range of countries, sectors, industries, and markets
- A unique know-how about processes, materials, surfaces, their treatment, further processing, and applications, especially for stainless steel / inox
- Our motivation and passion to keep improving the materials and processes and constantly find new solutions for metal treatment and finishing
- We always aim to help our customers find the best option for their project and thus obtain the best results.
Thanks to all this, mirrorINOX stays your reliable contact for special metal surfaces!